I woke up this morning to the sound of bagpipes. It was the Labour Day holiday although Labour Day was really yesterday. Sometimes I don't understand the Aussie culture. In Singapore, if Labour Day was yesterday, yesterday as well as today would be public holidays. But no. In Australia, yesterday was not a public holiday and today is. It's a perplexing situation...
I've been drinking, I've been smoking and I've been clubbing. And I feel like crap. At the end of the last few days, I realised one thing; I'm getting too old to be doing this. I don't have the strength to go out more than twice a week now. That's a far cry from last semester when I once hit 6 nights in a row. I just can't do it anymore. We went out on Thursday, Jose, Andy, Cassidy and I. We went to Caxton and then Down Under and then The Vic and then Birdee Num Num's. Cassidy and I were so wasted. Friday rolled around and Tara called me on my mobile.
Me: (sounding dishevelled) helloooo?
Tara: Oi bitch! Wake up, it's fuckin 1pm!!
Me: I went out last night!!!
Tara: No excuses! I'm done already...
Me: Okaay...
Tara: ...and I'm downstairs
Me: Whaaaat???!!!
Tara: (evil laughter) I'm kidding! I just got home
Me: Don't do that!!! I'm too old.. my heart can't take such surprises
(more laughter)
We were supposed to do lunch, which we did. I needed greasy, unhealthy food to combat the queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach after too much Smirnoff, so I had MacDonald's. Ooh... Then Saturday came around and we went out because it was Jin's last night. Good grief.. it was terrible. The Down Under Bar was so packed. People getting in the way... No space to move... No fresh air to breathe... I was ready to pass out. So I went home. That's it. I need to go out at least once a week to stay sane, but no more than twice because I'm so old and I can't really do that anymore... Sigh...
I couldn't sleep last night. Tossing and turning with the same old same old churning in my brain. Stressed out over uni work... Stressed out over the pathetic shambles that is my lovelife... Stressed out over having yet another sms argument with Kristoffer that night... Just stressed out. God knows I need a holiday.. but 4 weeks to go before the end of semester and then exams. When it's all over, I can finally breathe. And maybe go home for a few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment