I found a hole in my Oscar De La Renta vintage scarf. Obviously I was not happy, but that's how it goes - things wear out and eventually you have to chuck them and move on to something new. That's kind of like how life is. Nothing lasts forever and when a phase is over, we need to learn to let go and move on.
It's like the weather here in Brisbane now. I remember the sweltering heat before I left for the summer. Today, the sky is black and it's been raining on and off all afternoon. The rain here is different from the rain in Singapore. The raindrops are smaller and finer, not like those gigantic globs that come crashing down when sunny Singapore gets not-so-sunny. The temperature is dropping and nights are getting more windy and much colder. Summer is over and soon winter will be here. The start of a new phase... You know it's coming, but when it does, you still feel mildly unprepared. I knew it was happening when I started wearing my green trench, but it still feels strange to think that very soon, I'll be shivering in bed again and waking up a frozen popsicle just like last year.
The semester at uni is coming to an end. Assignments are due and exams are coming. At my copywriting group meeting today, we all had a vacant look in our eyes. We were all stressed out, sleep deprived and in need of a holiday. Next thing you know, semester 2 is here and over and I would graduate with my bachelors.
I went for an Honours Information Evening yesterday, which made me seriously consider extending my stay here for another year. There are so many things to consider - are my grades good enough, do they take into consideration I've only been here 1 semester instead of 4, do I have what it takes to complete a 20 000 word dissertation on my own, etc... I will apply and I hope I get it. Then I can put off the next phase of my life for at least another year. Until then, there are assignments to be done, classes to be attended and textbooks to be read. Adios my friends. Have a good winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment