It's officially the first day of winter. Here in the southern hemisphere, that day is the 1st of June. Winter hasn't been particularly impressive so far. Probably because right of the bat, when I woke up, I didn't realise what day it was. It isn't exceptionally cold today and there have been days a few weeks ago which were much colder than today. However, you can't really walk out of the house without a sweater anymore so that counts for something. The seasonal change here isn't as harsh as say, New York, because it doesn't snow in Brisbane. Well, not usually. The change in the seasons are more subtle, which is better from someone who hails from Singapore. Over there, it's either sunny or raining so a change to the four seasons can be drastic, but it's not so bad in Brisbane.
Came across a cool website with all the music videos. Was checking out the Audioslave videos and the guy next to me kept looking over. Eeks! But I liked it. I found the new Gorillaz video too. It's called Feel Good Inc and it's used in the iPod ads. Good work on their Marketing department :P
I'm enrolled for Internship next semester but I don't know if I can handle the workload. I don't know if I qualify to do an Internship and I don't know if I have to pay tuition fees for that. So... looks like I have a thing or two to find out.
We had our Gallery on Monday for our Copywriting class and it was good. Some of the other groups came up with really good campaigns. I liked our poster. I thought it was good. A bunch of people went to Irish Murphy's afterwards for drinks and it was fun. Nathan and I didn't know anyone at first, but we started talking to some people and it turned out to be really fun. I was so drunk, it was so embarrassing! Everyone was drunk, but I'm just mortified that I was drunk in front of Shayne. I had a glass of wine and Shayne bought me another, so you KNOW I was drunk. Yeesh... Who gets drunk in front of their lecturer? Me apparently.......
But it was a good experience, making new friends and they were all people majoring in Advertising so we travel in the same circles. Most of us are doing Ad Campaigns next semester so it would be good to see them again. It was nice getting to know Shayne in a social environment and I think everyone liked that.
My Prize Ceremony is next week and I'm looking forward to that. Invited Jose, Tara, Jonno, Sam, Kitty and Nathan. I'm looking forward to drinks after and am thinking of hitting the Press Club then. I was considering inviting Kiwi Boy, but after that fight I changed my mind. Just yesterday, I was considering inviting him out to the celebration drinks but after what he said, I'm not sure. It was a bit harsh for him to say that he's not a big part of my life. True, we don't see one another often, but if someone is important to you, they're important to you. You would think they would be appreciative that at least one more person values their friendship. I don't know. I just think that was a bit arrogant. I know you already have so many friends, but you don't have to make me feel like you aren't interested in one more. Give me a break.
I still have that media plan to finish and I don't know if I will finish that today but I'm hoping I will. If I stop watching all those videos online.... haha.. Happy Winter
No comments:
Post a Comment