Saturday, July 02, 2005

My VACATION

3 days into my vacation and it hasn't been exactly a vacation. The first day was spent feeling completely weird and disoriented, realising that I don't belong in Singapore. The second day was spent having a 5-hour nap, followed by too-expensive drinks and a drunken cab ride home. The third day was spent roaming Orchard Road till my legs gave way, followed by a night of crying because I still felt all disoriented.

I felt like such a freak. Like, come on. Get a grip. But then I realised I missed Tara too and I just miss the whole Brisbane scene. I don't know where I belong anymore. I'm back in Singapore and I look at all my stuff. All in the places where I left them. I touch them. They feel familiar, but distant. It's like the life I used to have under this roof no longer exists. It's sad. I realise that life has moved on. In a different country. And how long that's gonna last, I haven't a clue. But at the moment, I'm just disoriented and lost and emotional.

No comments: