Sunday, August 21, 2005

Stuffed Toys & Aggression?

Did you know that Care Bears can cause aggression in some people?

By "some people" I actually mean "me" so maybe it's not so much the Care Bears, but that I've probably been working too much (hah) and my mind has lost any sense of sensibility. Carnivals are fun and playing the games are fun. What's even more fun is the idea of winning a Care Bear. Now, Care Bears went out of fashion when I was about four and to think that 20years later, I'm still obsessed with Care Bears is a little disturbing.

It starts out with the desire to win a Care Bear because they're so damn cute and colourful. Forget that you live in a shoebox and probably won't have any space for the Care Bear. But logic and reasoning usually flies out the window when a carnival is involved. Then, you find yourself sitting in a chair at one of the shooting games, screaming, "Yeeeeeaaaahhh..... Caaaare Beeeeaaaaar!" before the game actually starts to psyche yourself up to win. Then when you don't win, you start screaming again, "Aaaaaarrggghhh....." And finally, when some random person walks past you with a Care Bear in tow, you start screaming again, "I wanna freakin Care Bear!!!"

Yes. It's quite scary really.

No comments: