Monday, October 03, 2005

DIY

The thing about cooking is that you got to see the stuff before it was nicely prepared and looking oh-so-good. Especially when you cook chicken, the raw stuff is just gross and slimy and all around disgusting unless you're working with breast meat then that's not so bad. I made the mistake of buying thigh meat at the supermarket yesterday because it was cheaper. Today, I made burritos. Four in all. The first one was okay. But the second one made me want to chuck because all I could think about was the disgusting raw chicken thigh meat that I had to chop an hour before. Yuck. Chicken meat is disgusting because it's raw, slimy and smells bad. But the finished product is so good. That's the problem about cooking. Blah.

I can't afford to go out everyday and pay someone else to cook my food for me. Although that would be nice, it's just not economical. So I have to stick to cooking chicken on a minimal frequency or at least switch to buying breast meat which I prefer anyway and not be such a stinge when it comes to cost. After all, Pa's paying for it anyway...

No comments: