
It was Natalia's last night yesterday. We went for dinner at Nando's which was yummy (drool) and then we went home and watched the MTV Europe Awards. The show got us pumped up for one last night on the town together. Probably one last night for me too since I might not be around from next week.
Ah, our Down Under Bar. Our second home after Unilodge. We had our last jug of snakebite and stood at the usual spot in the corner by the pool tables where Reuvin, Reuvin's girlfriend Yoshi, Yoshi's friend and Miranda already were. The music was good, the drinks were better and Nat & I couldn't stop dancing. Reuvin bought us tequila shots, which we mixed with beer and skulled it. That sealed the deal for me. Somehow, it was so easy to get me wasted. Maybe it's because I had 5 hours sleep the night before from the Office Christmas Party.. but that's another story.
So there I was, off my face. Didn't know if I needed to throw up or to sit down. Or even pass out. There was an hour to go to closing, so I figured I'd be a trooper and stay. But everytime I stood up or attempted to move, I'd feel like I was gonna pass out and slump onto the floor/table/chair. So I told Nat I was sorry, but I needed to go home.
Nat: You need to go home?
Me: Yeah
Nat: Now?
Me: Yes
*eyes wide open and both of us laughing after that funny face
Nat and I go home. We sit on the Unilodge steps for one last social cigarette together and have a quick drunked chat. Then we go upstairs where she makes sure I get home and then takes my key so she can wake me up in the morning. I end up throwing up in my bathroom. Sitting on my bathroom floor, hugging the toilet, I figure it'd be more comfortable if I had a pillow. So I crawl to my bed, only to make it halfway across the room and pass out on the floor.
Nat finds me in my clothes, in my makeup the next morning and says goodbye before going off to the airport. Goodbye Nat, I'm gonna miss you. No more "Hi, we're Nat & Nadia and you're hot!" no more "We're Nat & Nadia and we do everything together." No more laughing at guys who dare look our way. No more picking up. No more cocktails at home. At least not until July. Have a safe return to Brisbane, Nat. Now's who's gonna wake me up at 7am all cheery now?
No comments:
Post a Comment