Sunday morning, I woke up to the smell of jasmine. There were flowers outside. I was in the suburbs. Over the weekend, I made my move from the City to Hamilton. By the looks of the houses, the Brisbane equivalent of Singapore's Sixth Avenue. But ours was one of the less pretty houses. Surrounded by mansions and villas and even a castle, ours is a humble little flat.
Who would have thought the day would arrive where the bonafide city girl would move to the suburbs? I suppose if it had to be any suburb, it would have been Hamilton or West End or some other "nicer" suburb. No more of having Queen Street Mall as my backyard. No more going to the Pig in the middle of the night to meet pals because I was bored and felt like it. No more going for walks past Coffee Club to say hi to friends. Goodbye City. I'll always love you.
Time to try out something different. The idea of moving was frightening. I loved my city too much. But I guess you really can take the city girl out of the city and put her in the suburbs. She'll get over it. It helps when there is a beautiful view of the river and the marina and the city in the distance. Such a sucker for a great view.
No comments:
Post a Comment