The end of a very long week. Starting with birthday festivities & I promise photos will come soon once I get the internet hooked up to my laptop (which only arrived last week).
Wednesday
We went to Il Centro for dinner, which was the most beautiful meal I've had in my life. Sean Gomes was working that night and he gave us a bottle of champers on the house. Needless to say, I was drunk before dinner arrived. Berns, Lindsay and Mervyn got us a second bottle and I stayed drunk the entire dinner. That was fun...
Later, we went to Friday's to meet up with the others & for cheap cocktails that Wednesday night. Several people shouted me Cosmos and that was nice. Adrick and Junwei got me a flaming shot (waterfall anyone?) and I was good to go. At 1am I rang Tara to come pick me up to go home. I couldn't take it anymore. I was off my face. The car ride was fun and I was talkative. Raving about the beautiful dinner until I went quiet, stuck my head outside the car window and thew up all over the Valley. That was classy.
Thursday
The next day, Tara and I went to Teneriffe for dinner followed by drinks. A quiet one, especially since I was still drunk from the night before. We went home and watched Sex and the City while I popped my bottle of Dom Perignon. It was heaven. Best birthday ever.
Friday
Still high on the birthday buzz, I met Dr Kris for drinks at the Pig and Whistle in the City. Going to the Down Under Bar was on the cards, but we favoured staying at the Pig and had a drink and a good chat. Good friends make for a good birthday.
Saturday
Mum and Azri arrived in Brisbane the next day and I picked them up from the airport. For the next week, I spent it with the family going out and trying not to let them drive me nuts. I love my family but my parents drive me bananas sometimes.
Wednesday
Dad arrives in Brisbane & he's a sight for sore eyes. First time for everything I guess.
Thursday
Graduation! Down at QPAC in Southbank, I get decked out in the silly hat and robe. Ah, well.. You only graduate once. I was good. But I couldn't hear a damn thing onstage and apparently I missed out on a couple of good speeches. Tara came for the ceremony and Berns & Lindsay joined us for dinner later on. Turkish on Grey Street. It was good.
Later that night, I took Azri out to the Vic where Sam & the rest of the boys were. Jonno was back in Brisbane and everyone was there. It was super fun. Got to perve on Glassy and Lindsay was laughing at me for that. We went back to Vinci's afterwards and Azri & I made it home at 4am.
Saturday
Family went back to SG on Saturday night. I dunno, they drive me nuts sometimes but I still love them. I cried in the car on the way home from the airport. What a sap. I guess I do have feelings after all.
Lindsay was out with the boys that night and asked me to go. Which I did. Ran into Reuvin, who told me about how Bentley's 17-year-old skank just turned 18 (big whoop). It was another good night. Got home at about 2.30.... the next day... whoops.
No comments:
Post a Comment