Tuesday, February 14, 2006

February the 14th

Today is Valentine's day. A bullshit fake holiday designed to make single people feel depressed and bitter and put immense pressure on coupled people to live up to the bravado of the entire charade.

Anyway, I'd forgotten that it was Valentine's day because I spent six hours at uni today. Ah, the days of spending hours on end at campus are back. I would have spent my evening having dinner with Lindsay and Berns, or at least cake and coffee. But I'm just too exhausted and I have a deadline tomorrow. In the words of Rebekah Bennett, I will grow to loath deadlines.

Last year, I spent Valentine's day with Kat. We went to the Coffee Club at Siglap in Singapore and pigged out on dessert and coffee. Despite being surrounded by couples, gaudy bouquets of flowers that belong in the trash and even more tragic looking balloons and stuffed toys, it was a good evening.

I couldn't really give a rat's ass hey. I just want to finish my readings before my meeting with Rebekah tomorrow. Thank god she pushed it to 11am from 9.30am... Sleep is my friend...

No comments: