Monday, June 19, 2006

Going around in circles

This morning I got lost in South Brisbane.

Freaking Brisbane hopeless road signs. Grr..

Linds and Bernie rented a ute on the weekend to move a couch from Cathedral Place to theirs. Neither of them could drive and I was the only one with a license. Today, I had to return the ute back to Logan Road.

I was at the Gabba at a t-junction, and I could go straight or go right. I went straight cos there were no signs pointing to Logan Road. I found myself on Wellington Road, somehow ended up at Mowbray Park, then Hawthorn Road and then a cemetary. Sigh.

I was so upset and so lost and so confused. I turned around and found myself at the beginning.

Back at the t-junction, I turned right instead of going straight and I found myself on Logan Road. Why was there no sign saying that it was Logan Road? I don't know. Bloody Queensland Transport HOPELESS.

So finally, I'm on Logan Road, but I can't find the rental. I get to a junction and I can either go left or right but I don't know where either leads to. I can't go straight because it's a bus only lane. So I go left. Then in the rearview mirror, I see a road sign pointing to Logan Road which was the road straight ahead.

I COULDN'T HAVE GONE STRAIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE COS IT WAS A BLOODY BUS LANE.

I had to turn left, make a u-turn and then turn left again. Argh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe...I know that part of the world well as I work on Wellington Road, right near Logan Road.

When I first moved to Brisbane I always got lost in South Brisbane. It's the most confusing area to drive in the whole town.