Boredom.
Boredom is the theme these days. I sit at my desk, in my office on Margaret St and tap my fingers on the table. Bored and hungry is how I usually feel.
I haven't been paid for the last 4 weeks and I won't get paid for the next 5 weeks. God I hate the exam period and subsequent holidays. When all the students are stressing and then partying, here I am, with no job and no money. At least until the semester starts again. You'd think I'd be grateful for the extra time to work on my thesis, but no. Right now, I couldn't bear to look at my Literature Review yet it still needs work. Today I realised my Method Chapter needs to be finished by the end of June. Which is in 2 weeks.
Where did the time go?
It's not so stressful. There aren't any pressing deadlines unlike during the semester. It's a little more quiet these days, but that just means I feel bored. No more classes to teach. Less meetings. I feel like my life has less meaning. Hahaha.. talk about dramatic.
I still spend half the weekend with friends and the other half with the boyfriend. Weekdays, I tap away, waiting for the weeknights where I spend roughly 4 out of 5 with Lindsay and 1 out of 5 with Damien. If I have no plans, I feel depressed. There is nothing to look forward to.
I look at my planner. June, July, August and I sigh.... it's boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment