Monday, July 24, 2006

Milestones

Yesterday, Damien & I were on the couch watching TV when we were having a chat about nothing important.

Him: What if X happened to me?
Me: I'd still love you (anyway)

I was mid-sentance when I realised I'd said the word "love" and literally froze. So much so that I couldn't finish my sentance and completely omitted the "anyway", hence the brackets. It fell out of my mouth, I froze and silently prayed that he didn't hear me.

Even if he did, he gave no indication because he carried on talking like it wasn't a big deal. Phew. It's not as if I'd said the word first anyway. He'd said it before in a conversation about us.

On Saturday night, he went out drinking with the boys. He was telling me the story on Sunday morning about how his friends were asking about me.

Friend: So it's serious, eh?
Damien: Yeah, it is kinda. It's getting there.

hELLO? I didn't know we were serious. I haven't even thought that far. I'm taking this one week at a time (I have to plan my week OKAY?). I seriously had not thought so much about our relationship in that way. Pun intended.

Milestones aside, we had a beautiful weekend. Damien came to pick me up an hour early and then we went for Yum Cha in the city for lunch. Lunch was absolutely beautiful, I loved it. At lunch, he suggested going window shopping, where I made him repeat himself 4 times because I wasn't sure I heard him right. So window shopping we went after the most gorgeous lunch.

I had a great weekend.

No comments: