Monday, July 17, 2006

Start of semester - AGAIN

It's 3.30pm on Monday and it's the first day of the new semester. Which means today is the start of Market Day. I get to campus and SSA has no table. Right. I went to look for Matt who managed to give us half a table. Woo. In the end, the entire day it was me, Leon and B2 at the booth. Why? Because Neil is sick (poor bugger ended up in hospital over the weekend), Alan is working, Jamie is in Singapore and Chia just went MIA (her phone diverted to voicemail). I cannot work when I have no support and it annoys me when people start picking at what's wrong with the club and asking me why it's like that. I'm not a single person running a club.

So Market Day was a frustrating disaster, leaving me sitting at my desk at 3.30pm having my first meal of the day. Soggy japanese curry. Yum. I try not to let it bother me by reminding myself that anyone else in the same position would have the same problem. There is just no way to get things done when you only have 3 people helping you.

Apart from that disaster which ordinarily would have given me a stroke but didn't, was that we had our first tutors' meeting today. Tutorials start next week and I'm pretty stoked about tutoring again. I was pretty happy after the meeting. My life has slightly more meaning now...

The weekend was spent blissfully wiling it away with Damien. On Friday, I decided not to work but that ended up a disaster because I was so bored. Damien had a work function at Strike Bowling and I was so bored I went to look for him there. Had a quick hello and then left. He called me again later that night, asking me to meet him at Union Jack - a pub I'd never been to before. So I went to meet him there and ended up spending my evening with a bunch of drunk bankers.

Yup. Drunk bankers. Boyfriend included.

Damien was completely wasted so I had to drive us home. Which was really super-fun because I haven't driven a manual in 3 years. I was trying not to kill us. So yup, that was fun. I made it back in 1 piece though. With Damien, sprawled in the back seat drunk. It was interesting.

No comments: