Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Surprise visit

Kay, Raaha and Dersh seem to have stumbled on my blog. WHICH IS FANTASTIC since I haven't seen the jokers in years. Donkey years. I saw Kay and Raaha in January... freaking 2004!! That was two bloody years ago! It was the year I moved to Brisbane, only it was January when I saw them and I moved in July.

Dersh I think is in Sydney, becoming a doctor. Woo hoo. We always said we'd send our kids to her. Dershie, if I ever go to Sydney I will give you a call. I've been planting seeds in Damien's head to bring me to Sydney. Hehe. Friends from long ago who I thought have forgotten all about me. You guys make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Bah.. :P

What a way to turn the day around. I forgot to bring the damn receipt to collect the Strokes concert tickets from Australia Post. It's bloody annoying I tell you. Yesterday I had to email Park Beede and tell him I can't teach the 3 classes for Ad theory & practice and can only teach 1 class instead. Sob. That 100 bucks a week flying away... Sigh. Today, I have to plough through my Method Chapter and tomorrow, apart from some more ploughing through the Method Chapter, I have a Moderated Regression workshop in the morning. Joy.

At least State of Origin is on tomorrow night. Rebekah wants to go to Brewhouse and watch it in a big group. Damien said he'd come along. Woo. Imagine that. Watching State of Origin, getting drunk, with my supervisor and colleagues, with boyfriend in tow. I need to bring my camera.

Not long now before it gets all crazy again. Sigh. It's just a lot of uni admin bullshit in July with new students, Orientation and such. Then August seems to be my social month. I've got The Strokes concert, Bridge to Brisbane, National Day Fair, Mambo Dance Party, National Day Ball, the Ekka, and the Races. Woosh! I'm starting to like August!

No comments: