Friday, September 01, 2006

Springtime in the City

First day of spring! Whee!

A week ago, I moved out of Hamilton and into the new apartment in the city. Festival Towers. Damien helped me move, which was great cos there was no way I could have done it alone. I rented a ute and to my horror, they'd given me a manual. So I made Damien drive that, while I drove his Holden. I only stalled twice. Big big improvement I say.

We were driving back to Hamilton from Woollongabba where the ute rental was. Just as I turned off Kingsford Smith Drive onto Toorak Road, I stalled. It was an upward slope and I was in the middle of the road, stalled, with the hazard lights on. Damien got out of the ute and ran downhill towards me because he thought I was in trouble. Meh. I was fine...

We moved all my stuff from the house and loaded them onto the ute, where Pumpkin sat under a tree and watched us move. It was kinda cute and I miss the little bugger but.. ah... what you gonna do?

So once again, I have moved. I'll probably move again once my lease is over because I can't afford to live in an apartment where the rent is 200 bucks a week. Let's see if Damien wants to move in together next year. But don't tell him yet. We don't want to scare the poor fella.

No comments: