3 weeks to go...
Actually I lie. I really have 4 weks before submission, but Rebekah is leaving for Melbourne on the Tuesday of the final week and I plan to have it done by then anyway. Only because it's too much of an effort to look at the thesis now.
I'm back in the office today after a very long weekend, but I'll get to that in a bit. So it's my first day back since Wednesday and I was only in the office 2 days last week. The agenda for today is to finish data entering the surveys and collecting the final ones before closing them off. Rebekah comes into the office with my Chapter 1, 2 and 3.
She tells me Chapter 1 (Introduction) needs work, but to be fair, it was a first draft. She then tells me she will only read Chapter 3 (Methodology) when I've finished the analysis (Chapter 4, which I haven't begun to write) and read the 2 together. Fair enough. Then she hands me Chapter 2 (Literature Review) littered with notes and comments and says something about flushing the Gaps section to the back. I nod vaguely. She also says something about the hypotheses and I attempt to argue/explain/discuss but realise I don't have the mental capacity to. I'm in the yeah-whatever-just-give-it-to-me frame of mind.
Judy once mentioned that supervisors know when their students are ready to submit when they stop arguing. In my case, I've stopped thinking. Especially since I am completely sick of looking at the Lit Review Chapter. I'm happy to do the analysis and write up the discussion chapter. But I really don't want to look at the Lit Review anymore. It is the most lengthy, laborious, painstaking piece of work I have ever done in my life. And I've been writing it since March.
3 weeks to go. I cannot wait.
An update on the long weekend will come after lunch.
1 comment:
liar!! where's the promised update on your weekend?! Hee hee. :P wanna know how the b'day turned out...
Post a Comment