I feel like I am in hell.
6 weeks until thesis is due.
And I already want it to be over. It is hell. I have that much crap to do. I've been looking at spa packages. Dom says that on the day I submit, I should go for a pedicure and then go out for dinner. I found some nice packages with facials and massage and pedicures. But unfortunately I am poor. And if I charge it to the credit card, Mum & Dad cannot understand why I deserve it. Mum & Dad cannot understand what Honour year is like and how this thesis is like one super assignment which has taken a whole year to write. Mum & Dad don't understand how it has been one long, hard slog, which will get harder in the next 6 weeks. No one outside of academia can understand what we do all day. No one understands how much work is involved in writing one miserable piece of literature. No one understands how it can take 3 hours to find a journal article that can help you articulate an idea, which ends up being 1 sentance in your thesis.
I need a light at the end of the tunnel. A treat. But I'm too broke to treat myself. And no one is gonna treat me cos no one understands how badly a treat is needed and deserved in 6 weeks.
Ok. Light at the end of the tunnel so far: dim. Things to look forward to: Damien taking me on holiday (let's hope he doesn't screw up the organisation), 1998 Dom Perignon Champagne...
3 comments:
I understand!! Trust me, my honours year was HELL too. Keep your head up girl! Just remember to back up, back up and back up your thesis file. You will CRY if you lose it after working on it for so long.
No affordable massage/pedicure/facial places there? Do them here when you come in Jan!! We can go together. Woohoo! :)
hi. you look very familiar. were you from CJC somehow? I'm in Brisbane too. Was from CJC.
yup. I was from CJ although I try to forget those 2 years of my life and pretend it never happened...
Post a Comment