So I haven't been here for a while. I was sick with the flu over the weekend. I was walking around Chinatown with Damien, my eyes watering and my nose red from all the blowing I was doing into countless pieces of tissue paper. I was all gross and yucky, so Damien took me to the pharmacy to get some flu medicine.
On Friday, we had the Faculty of Business Research Colloquium which was a huge success. Many people turned up. Heads of Schools, Professors, lecturers, I even got to meet the Dean for a bit. It was a shame I was on the organising committee and ran around for most of the day and didn't get to meet people as a result. I did get to talk to some people in the afternoon after Rebekah relieved me of my duties. At the end of the Colloquium, there was free flowing champagne and I wasn't drinking. Yes. What a pain the the ass.
I was at work at 7.45am and only got home at 9.30pm that day.
Saturday was slightly less exhausting. Met Lindsay for lunch at the Myer food court and went to watch the Devil Wears Prada. I must say, I enjoyed the movie slightly more than I enjoyed the book. To be fair, I thought the book was pointless and frustrating. It was nice to spend a weekend at the movies.
Bernard was having a BBQ that night and I was told he'd invited half of Brisbane. Urgh. I'm really bad in big social situations. Damien came over and then his friends came over for some drinks before they headed out to the Press Club, so I left them alone at home while I jet across the street to Bernard's BBQ.
Instead of buying the usual steak for myself, I bought some kebabs. I thought I'd do something different. Plus, I wasn't feeling like steak. Anthony was nice enough to cook my kebabs for me so I just had to sit and relax. When my kebabs were done, I had one and then Michelle took the rest! I swear to god, the woman stole ALL MY FOOD! I was so upset! I was still hungry, there wasn't much food left and I didn't really want to eat anything else. She just helped herself to MY food! And everytime I looked over at her, she was eating something. I look over, and she's munching on a sausage. I look over again and she's having a go at chicken wings. Every single time I looked, she was eating something. Apparently there was plenty of food since she was constantly eating, so I didn't see why she had to steal MY food. I felt so insignificant.
I wasn't grumpy for too long. I started telling the story of how Lindsay got drunk the other night and that lifted my mood. I went home to shower and change before meeting Linds again to go to the Press Club.
We got to the Valley around 10.30pm and Damien was already drunk. After Press Club, we went to Empire where Damien danced. All. Night. Long. He was moving like you wouldn't believe it. It was the Energiser bunny. Lindsay was slightly disturbed by the sight of Damien shaking his ass in front of her. The next day, I told him about his little performance but he couldn't remember a thing.
Good weekend. Except I'm still all snuffly. Oh poo.
2 comments:
Bwahahahahaha!! Energiser Bunny?!?!! Bwahahahahah!
Yes! Shaking is ass. Literally. It was quite embarrassing.
Post a Comment