It's a Monday again and I'm back at the office. I was the early bird, getting in at 8.20am only because Damien dropped me off on the way to work. The weekend started out on Friday at Hanaichi. I'd had the longest day doing analysis and begged Damien to go for sushi.
It's damn expensive! Oh well. It's not like we go there every week. We went to Friday's after that for a farewell and stepped in at 7.55pm just as the $5 Cosmopolitan deal was about the finish at 8pm. Score!
The next day, I felt like pancakes. And just like every weekend, I ended up not with pancakes. We went for breakfast in the Valley at a 24 hour breakfast place on Brunswick St. It was raining, so we decided to go home and spend a lazy Saturday indoors.
I was meant to go to the office, but it was raining and it was such nice weather to stay in. So we lazed around all day until about 6pm and Damien took me to an all-you-can eat seafood buffet at Sunnybank. It was really yum! Fresh prawns, baked mussels, oysters and a load of non-seafood dishes as well. It was a mad house and it was full of Chinese. I felt like I was back in Singapore.
We got back to the city where I wanted to get a drink, so we went to Jorge on George St for cocktails. Damien had easily spent over a 100 bucks on food in just 2 days, so I shouted him a cocktail and that was really yum. It was fun, watching the bartender make a show of preparing the cocktail.
On Sunday, I still wanted pancakes, so I dragged the bunch of them to the Pancake Manor on Charlotte St. I should have just stuck with the short stack but nooo... I had to go try something different. And it sucked. Bah.
I still had to go to the office to get work done, so there I was on a Sunday afternoon hoping I wouldn't get locked into Z block. I left just in time to wrap a present for Uncle Martin and get ready for the surprise party at Keperra that night. We were meant to be there before 6, but I took so long getting ready that we only left at 5.20pm. Damien didn't know how to get there and neither did I, so we used the street directory where I surprisingly read it correctly! We made it to Keperra in record time and just before 6pm. Uncle Martin only got there at 6.45pm. Yeesh....
So that was my weekend folks. It seemed like a lazy one because we spent all day Saturday in bed. But now it sounds quite packed!
No comments:
Post a Comment