Ok. I suppose this is long overdue (especially since someone is bugging me for an update :P). My weekend update from 2 weekends ago starts like this:
Friday
I head over to Damien's house for the first time as his parents are away on holiday in Cairns and he wanted to show me the place and his dog. I don't have any photos yet, because I forogt my camera and left it at home. The whole weekend.
When we got there it was at night and it was pitch dark. It was quite a long drive from the city and it's about 4 zones away I think. I'd never been that far away from the city before... I couldn't see anything until we got to the house and turned on the lights.
What I noticed the most was how quiet it was. Middle Park is true suburbia with only residential property for miles and miles. Of course there were nearby shops and supermarkets, but nothing like more bustling suburbs like SunnyBank and the like.
The house was a very nice, cosy and modest house and it took almost 6 months for me to see where Damien lived. He showed me old photographs of when he was a boy. He was skinny and had bad hair, but didn't we all when we were kids?
Damien was most surprised that his dog took a liking to me. Kaos was quite friendly and I was surprised the dog liked me too.
Saturday
During the day when there was light, Damien took me for a drive around the neighbourhood. He showed me the old house he used to live in, his jogging track, the place he used to play rugby and the river around Jindalee. It was very quite and very secluded. Extremely separated from modern civillisation that is Brisbane city. I made a comment that I could never live in Jindalee without a car. It was too far away. An hour's bus ride to the city!
We decided to spend Saturday night in the city because Cameron (Damien's brother) was having a house party and we didn't feel like socialising with 19 year olds. We ended up meeting Damien's friends for dinner at the Casino that night. Dinner sucked and it was raining, but it wasn't that bad an evening.
Sunday
We went to New Farm for fish and chips for lunch. I decided to take the City Cat to New Farm because Damien had never been on one before and that was quite fun. We walked around Merthyr Village and then went back home for Joel's BBQ. We spent the night at Middle Park though, because Cameron had crashed his car the night before and Damien was just trying to look out for his little brother.
I decided I was hungry, so we went to get pizza for dinner. As I waited at the car for Damien to lock up, I noticed that behind the house in the distance was a church with a big cross on the roof which was lit by a spotlight from the bottom. This, in the middle of the night, with absolute quite and no other buildings in sight, was quite frightening. It looked like I was in a horror movie. Shudder.
I decided that I like the city much better. I would consider moving, if someone offers to buy me a car.
No comments:
Post a Comment