Monday, November 13, 2006

Summer dresses

Ok. So I had the biggest whinge-fest over the weekend. I had a lousy day on Friday which prompted me to go out for dinner and then go shopping. I spent too much money at Morrissey on a present for Damien's birthday and decided I wanted to spend money on myself too, so I ended up buying earrings from Portmans.

We went to Nando's for some chicken for dinner, where one girl got my order wrong. Another girl asked if it was okay and I replied very politely, "No, actually I would prefer if I had what I ordered. I don't mind waiting for you to cook another one." And what did she say? She said that if they cooked another meal for me, they'd be wasting the (wrong) one they already made. In my head I thought that was their problem but I couldn't be bothered to argue anymore. I had a shitty week and I was in a fragile emotional state after having Damien tell me he wasn't coming back on Sunday but on Monday instead.

Saturday and Sunday were no better. I had to work on my thesis (what else is new) and on Sunday, I just couldn't take it anymore. I gave up and went shopping. I desperately needed some retail therapy. I found a dress that I liked. Actually I had my eye on it for a while at Witchery.

They only had yellow or white at the Queens Plaza outlet and they didn't have size 8 (although I could still fit a size 10) so the girl told me that they had a size 8 in stock at the Indooroopilly outlet and in pink too - the colour I really wanted. So the next day, I called Indooroopilly to inquire about stock and put the item on hold. Hopefully by tonight, I'll have my new pink dress to wear on Friday!

3 comments:

Si1vara said...

ARGH!! The DRESS topic is haunting me everywhere!!!!

nadia said...

why??

Si1vara said...

now u know. :) sigh. i mean there WERE dresses around but they were either too awful, too casual or too prom-my.