Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Double-0-Seven

So it's a New Year. The original NYE plan was to go to a party hosted by Lindsay's boss. It was meant to be a house party with lamb on a spit and it sounded very interesting. On the morning of NYE, I asked Lindsay what was the plan. She asked me what I wanted to do.

I thought we were going to Olivier's party?

Lindsay said ok and that she wasn't sure what she was doing for NYE. Eh? I thought we'd already settled our plans? Damien and I had invites from other people to go party but we'd said no because we thought we were going to Olivier's. Sony invited me to go to Noosa and it would've been fun 'cos I'd never been to Noosa.

In the end, Damien decided we should do our own thing since the original plan still hadn't been organised. I thought that her heart just wasn't in it anymore. I only started to get annoyed when I started looking for a place for us to go for dinner. If I'd known we'd be eating out on NYE, I would have picked a place and made reservations days ago. Some places weren't open that night, others closed early and I was worried that a few would be booked out.

We ended up at Wagamama at Emporium in the Valley. We'd never eaten there before and they didn't take bookings, so we bussed it. It was not bad, although I wouldn't go there again because the food's not really my taste. After dinner, Damien and I bussed it back to the city. The bus took ages to get there, so we were dancing while waiting. Yup, standing at the bus stop, we were doing twirls and dancing like the Rayman rabid rabbits and I was making Damien dip me. It was fun. We make our own fun. Hahaha...

I decided that we should brave the crowds and go to South Bank to see the fireworks. It was my first NYE in Brisbane and I love fireworks. It was just after 9pm still, so we went to the Casino for some drinks. The bar was packed for miles, so Damien suggested we go to Jorge on George. It was my earlier suggestion, but Damien wasn't so keen at the time.

We wound up at Jorge and got ourselves some cocktails. I had some berry concoction and Damien had a Long Island. The music was great, we had a place to sit, there wasn't too much of a crowd and had we stayed at the Casino, we'd still be in the queue to the bar. We left after our second round of drinks (boy, we made them last) and went to South Bank to see the fireworks.

It was great!

It was nowhere as spectacular as the River Festival fireworks, but I wasn't expecting it to be. It was fantastic. After the fireworks show, we went home, thankful that we lived in the city. There was a huge mass of a crowd that night. It was just crazy!

So that was pretty much my NYE. On new year's day, Damien and I went swimming and then watched Happy Feet (which was great) and then we pretty much lounged around for the rest of the day because I was leaving today. Good start to the new year so far. Hope it stays good for the rest of it!

No comments: