I've just moved office from Level 10 to Level 7 in Z Block. I used to sit in the Research Students room for Honours students from AMPR but now I've been moved to the Postgraduate Students room for the Faculty. It's quiet here and I've got the pod with the only window. My desk is not the one with the million-dollar view, but at least I'm getting some natural light.
I liked my old office because there were only 6 desks. Rhys and I were the main inhabitants of the space. Karlee would come in once in a while and you would get the random research assistant, guest speaker or research student using the space temporarily. But it was always me and Rhys. On the days where Rhys wouldn't come in, it would just be me. I would sit in that room with no windows and no natural light, all by myself, all day and I loved it.
But then, all good things must come to an end. I'll get used to this new place. I probably will at some point, seeing as I'm going to be here for at least the next 3 years. Hm... I will be the first person to be in this office for that long. I feel special all over again...
Anyway, the birthday was fine. Damien and I went to Il Centro for dinner. It was beautiful, but the service suddenly got very slow after they served the main course. Still, I had my champagne and dessert and it was all very nice. Then we went back to the apartment just in time to down a shot of tequila with Joel, Lindsay, Kris and Joel's friend Eve and then we were out the door to Alhambra.
The photos were lame. Lindsay and Damien were more drunk than I was. Bernard was sleeping. But it was fun.
I liked my old office because there were only 6 desks. Rhys and I were the main inhabitants of the space. Karlee would come in once in a while and you would get the random research assistant, guest speaker or research student using the space temporarily. But it was always me and Rhys. On the days where Rhys wouldn't come in, it would just be me. I would sit in that room with no windows and no natural light, all by myself, all day and I loved it.
But then, all good things must come to an end. I'll get used to this new place. I probably will at some point, seeing as I'm going to be here for at least the next 3 years. Hm... I will be the first person to be in this office for that long. I feel special all over again...
Anyway, the birthday was fine. Damien and I went to Il Centro for dinner. It was beautiful, but the service suddenly got very slow after they served the main course. Still, I had my champagne and dessert and it was all very nice. Then we went back to the apartment just in time to down a shot of tequila with Joel, Lindsay, Kris and Joel's friend Eve and then we were out the door to Alhambra.
The photos were lame. Lindsay and Damien were more drunk than I was. Bernard was sleeping. But it was fun.

me and Lindsay

Damien & me
I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I think hiding or something.

Cosmopolitan...

Been hiding all night apparently

Me & Sonya.. with Heath on the side

People: Brioni, Rhys, Damien, Kris, Antonio & me

And more photos with pillows
No comments:
Post a Comment