Friday, April 13, 2007

Girl Toys

I bought myself a little present yesterday. It was a jewellery stand, but in the shape of a doll with butterfly wings that you could put earrings on. At the tips of the wings you could drape necklaces and chains over and they wouldn't get tangled the same way they would in a box or on a tray.When I got home, I immediately removed my doll from its packaging. Dusted all the stray styrofoam flakes off her dress and hung my jewellery around the wings.


A bit of an up-close picture there.

And I used her wrist to hang my rings. My Tiffany's mesh ring looked like it matched her outfit.

I felt a little bit like a child who had just received a toy. I'd been wanting something like this for my jewellery since before Christmas. And since I came back to Brisbane in January with lot of real jewellery (think gold, silver, pearls, diamonds & precious stones), I figured a nice way to keep them and display them was functional AND fashionable!

1 comment:

Si1vara said...

It's sooo pwetty! :P