I almost passed out at the gym today.
I was at my 7.45am boxing class on Tuesdays as usual, when about 5-10 minutes towards the end, I started feeling a bit dizzy. We were sparring with partners and my partner was supposed to be doing the boxing, but I just wanted to sit down. I passed the mitts to our instructor, Erin and asked if I could be excused. I went to the bathroom and came back, feeling slightly better.
At the end of the class, I apologised to Erin for running out like that. She's probably one of the nicest, sweetest people I'd ever met. She said it was fine and we had a bit of a chat. I said it was my third week into a gym routine and especially after bludging myself over the Easter weekend, it wasn't too surprising I felt like I was going to faint. She said I was doing great, which normally I would suspect gym instructors say to keep the members happy, but she sounded like she meant it. Not bad for a newbie huh.
Man, I completely let go over the Easter weekend. Four days of doing nothing never felt so good. Or so bad. Damien and I were poor. I was due to be paid just after the break, he had just unhappily parted with half his salaray on bills and loans. Clearly, we didn't think through our Easter plans properly. We slept in, hung out at home, napped in the afternoon and went for walks. My guiltiest moment was probably on Sunday night, watching the Biggest Loser. I was eating oily KFC chicken wings, and slurping a vanilla milkshake from MacDonald's. I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time, but I feel gross thinking about it now.
Eurgh.
1 comment:
Woork...work it girl.. (a la Rupaul)
Work out to eat; and eat to work out. That's my mantra babe. Hahaha.
Post a Comment