Tuesday, May 15, 2007

One year, and I've got the Blues

Last Friday, Damien and I celebrated our first anniversary. It was quite the understated big deal - not quite an oxymoron because it was a big deal but no, nobody made a fuss about it. It was a quiet achievement, of which I was pleased with the both of us.

I had planned on going to Stamford Plaza for the seafood buffet but QUT sucks ass when it comes to payroll and they've screwed me out of more than a grand so far (I'm still waiting for it). So Stamford Plaza was too much for either of us to afford, but we went to our "fave" restaurant instead; Blue Smoke!

Blue Smoke is this American steak house in New Farm which has the best ribs and steaks for the most reasonable price. Sehej actually mentioned the place to Lindsay and I once and I told Damien about it. We went there for dinner one night and Damien loved it so much that we've been there dozens of times since.


We've recommended the place to almost everybody we knew and we've brought lots of people there too. The first time I met Damien's parents was at Blue Smoke and we also went there for my mother's birthday this year. Damien jokes that we should get a discount because we bring them a lot of business.

I had this American cocktail made from JD, Cointreau, lemonade and something else I can't remember. It was really good, really strong and reminded me of Long Island Iced Tea. I called it Long Island Light.

The buffalo wings are a must for starters. They had 3 kinds; the mild, Blue hot and Third Degree. We tried the Blue hot the first time and thought it was okay. So the next time we went, we decided we were ready for the Blue hot. I was so wrong! The wings were SPICY. I was practically tearing and the owner (I think he's the owner) came over and asked me if I was okay. It was embarrassing! But funny. Of the plate of 10 wings, I managed to stomach 2 and Damien had to eat the rest.

Ever since then, we've stuck to the Blue hot. Not too pansy, not too tough. But just nice.

And because I am the queen of safe and boring, I ordered what I always have every single time we go to Blue Smoke - the Texas beef ribs. Yum. The half costs $23 and the full $29, so you can imagine how the good price is another big reason why we love it so much.


We left with our bellies full and with smiles on our faces. I suppose it's a good way as any to cap off a year; by stuffing ourselves silly with good food. Yum....

3 comments:

Si1vara said...

Love your dress! :)

nadia said...

You should have seen the boots I wore with the dress! :)

Si1vara said...

I demand a pic of them then. :P

I can't ever wear boots without looking ridiculous 'cos I'm too bloody short. Grrrr... >_<