Yesterday I went for a spin class. For the first time ever. Man.
For the uninitiated, spin class is where you sit on a stationary bike, indoors and cycle. I usually go for boxing on Wednesdays but decided to try something different instead. There were a few reasons why I decided to do this; boxing was at 5pm and spinning was at 6pm. That gave me some extra time at work - of which I actually used to make the first changes in my stage 2 document. Time well spent! Secondly, I (thankfully) was not aggravated by certain persons on the weekend like I anticipated I might have been. So I didn't feel the overwhelming need to smack something really, really hard like I did last week. And finally, I just thought it was a good excuse as any to try something new.
So I went for the spin class at 6pm. It's called the Pure Ride class. Partly because the name of the health club is Pure and we were going to be riding bikes. Man... I have never perspired as profusely in my entire life.
I used to think that riding on stationary bikes were bullshit. How do you achieve any excercise while sitting on your ass? But I was dripping sweat onto my bike, while our interesting instructor was yelling out motivational lines at us to keep us going. I was literally dripping. Yes, it's quite gross and unladylike. But it was good. I felt like I got a really good workout.
So hopefully, I can lose some weight before I go back to Singapore in June. Or at least keep from putting on weight, thus sparing me the "You look fat" comment by my father/brother/mother/best friend (nobody else would dare say this to my face except these 4 people). And just maybe - and this is a big maybe - lose some weight by the time I go back to Singapore again in December and finally get the "You lost weight" comment by my father/brother/mother/best friend.
Oh, and my ass is still sore from sitting on those hard seats. *pout*
1 comment:
Yeah I keep hearing bout this spinning class thingy from pple but my gym doesn't have it so never tried it. :(
Post a Comment