Friday, July 13, 2007

Boys' Toys

Ok. After that slightly embarrassing online mini-meltdown, I've decided to post something a bit more light-hearted.

I was cleaning out the storage area the other day. We'd just learned that we were going to be moving out soon and Damien had a lot of junk down in storage. And I mean a lot. The man is the kind who doesn't see moving as an opportunity to purge all the junk you've accumulated in the months and months of being comfortable in one space. He's the kind who moves the junk from one home to another. I figured, the movement of the junk needed to end, so I was downstairs sorting out his junk, from his important stuff.

You wouldn't believe the stuff I found.

Furry handcuffs. Furry handcuffs? Of course, these were NOT a gift from me. If you can see clearly, it reads "Prisoner of love." Prisoner of love? Gross. I don't even want to know.

This he begged me to keep. It's a "My First Creative Playset." It's like a children's explorer kit that has binoculars and other little gadgets in a little backpack. Apparently his friends gave him this as a gift with some meaning behind it. He explained it to me, but I forget. Something to do with him going to Korea for work.

And finally...

Yup. It's a life preserver. This was the biggest doozy of them all. I wish I could've seen my face when I found it. Man. This was another thing he asked me to keep because apparently, it's got sentimental value! For some reason, Nobel stole this from an aircraft and somehow it ended up with Damien. Sigh.

Silly men.

1 comment:

said...

Hahaha.....furry handcuffs!!!