I finally met the Ex.
Jessica.
Jes. Si. Ca.
Damien and I were at New Farm on Saturday looking at a fabulous house. I suggested going to Gambaro's for fish and chips as it was just around the corner. Granted, the last time we were there was probably sometime last year.
We got a table outside and had our food, when I got up to get some sauce from the counter. While I was in the queue, I heard a small commotion from outside and saw Damien talking to a girl. I wondered if they knew each other and I heard a female voice go, "So how have you been?" and I thought, yup. Definately someone he knows.
I went back to the table after getting sauce and there were 4 girls sitting at the table next to us. There was a dark-haired girl with a ponytail who was sitting closest to me, another dark-haired girl looking a bit goth and two other blonde girls. From the accessories they were wearing, you could tell they were involved in a Christmas in July party of some sort.
Damien was talking to the goth-looking girl for most of it and the pony-tailed girl interjected quite frequently. I thought she looked familiar and wondered... is she? She couldn't be... I noticed they were wearing nametags and the goth-looking girl's said "Sally" and pony-tailed girl's said "Jessica."
Nooooooooooooooooo.......
I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm smart, but I'm not dumb and I put the pieces together fairly quickly.
I looked at Damien and thought, he seems pretty calm about this. I thought it was a bit surprising that he wasn't freaking out. And then common sense took over and I thought, of course he's freaking out. His ex girlfriend, who he hasn't seen in 3 years is sitting in front of him right now, next to his current girlfriend!
I thought she seemed pretty calm too. But after they left, he pointed out that she'd left without touching her food and that she had a slight nervous quiver in her voice. Apparently, she'd seen him, said "Oh my god!" and then took a step back. She was freaked. And when she asked what he was doing there, he said he was "looking at houses with (his) partner." Chuckle.
After they left, I said, "No wonder you think I'm a midget. She's a freaking giraffe!" She was actually quite tall and wasn't as pretty as I thought she would have been. When pressed for what I expected (by Bernard) I said I expected her to look like a goddess. It wasn't too traumatising for me. At least I feel slightly better about myself now.
He was completely freaked out though. He said it was his worst nightmare come true. He seemed so traumatised that I offered to buy him an ice cream when we got back to the city. Or rocky road. Or bubble tea.
Poor Damien.
4 comments:
hahaha...wen I met the ex, I was pissed out of my head and she had to repeat 3 times that she was the EX!!! oh well...
haha... that's gold!
It's been 6 years and I have yet to meet the ex. Dunno if that's a good thing or not. :P
I guess it depends. The ex is always someone that I tend to compare myself with. But then again, if you're the current girlfriend then I guess there's really no competition is there?
Post a Comment