I am incredibly stressed and feel like I'm struggling to keep it together. Maybe I am being a drama queen, but this is all really getting to me.
I moved to New Farm last week and there was so much stress and frustration that I just wanted to crawl into a hole and hide. There are still some things over at the old place and I have yet to finish unpacking and really settle into the new place. Just thinking about it is making me shiver and want to cry. The whole thing is just traumatic. I hate having to move. I hate that Oaks bought over our building and the owner of our apartment turned out to be a greedy sonofabith sellout who decided to convert to short-term leasing arrangements, kicking us out of house and home. The asshole. I'm still very angry and bitter.
But despite all the anger and the stress and the trauma, I do love the new place. Easily 3 times the size of the old place, we get lots of air and sun and peace and quiet. We get a fantastic view of the park and on weekends you hear kids playing, birds chirping and the sun is shining. It's a far cry from living in the city where you have a tiny, miserable balcony allowing minimal sunlight into the apartment. The only view is of a construction site. The sounds you hear are sounds of construction by day and drunk people throwing glass bottles off their balconies at night. The smells you get are of neighbours who smoke cigarettes and throw their butts onto your balcony, while the smell wafts into your lounge room and stinks up your entire home. And you have neighbours who for some reason, cannot lift a plastic bag of rubbish up 1 metre to dispose it down the chute, so leave it on the floor instead.
I am no longer surrounded by stupid people.
Ahhh.....
My other rants for another time. I have found momentary peace. I should go with it.
note: by "stupid" people, I refer to people who are any one of the following - inconsiderate, noisy, drunk, socially inept or dumb.
No comments:
Post a Comment