Thursday, September 20, 2007

The early bird

It takes 10 minutes to drive from my home in New Farm to my office at Z Block, QUT. I know this because I arrived at the office at 7.10am and we left the house at 7am.

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

If I leave at around 5pm, that's a 10-hour day. I don't usually go out and have lunch. I usually sit at my desk and have my lunch in front of my computer. The extent of my taking a break is walking 20 metres to the toilet. When I used to come in at 8am last year, I thought I was mad and stopped doing that. Now I'm coming in even earlier. What gives?

Yesterday, my brain refused to co-operate with me and I couldn't get any work done. No confirmation document, no reading, no powerpoint slides, nothing. I had to leave the office and go for a walk to the city for a couple of hours. I ended up buying shoes for gym, which is great cos I needed them anyway.

I just wonder why I'm being so weird this week.

No comments: