Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday grumblings

Today's gripe: Why can't everyone just be supportive?

I've got boot camp tomorrow at 7.30am at Victoria Park (wherever the hell that is). Damien has offered to drive me which means I need to get up at 6am. I get up at this time everyday anyway so it's no big deal. I'm under no illusions that boot camp will be tough. I will probably feel like I want to die/quit/cry/scream and I will probably feel like slapping my trainer. But I will also probably feel pretty good about it. But not before I feel pretty god awful during.

What just annoys me, are the comments that everyone have been making. "Ooh.. you're gonna love that (sarcasm)," "Oooh.. you're gonna want to quit," "Oooh... you're gonna cry," "Oohh.. what time do you have to wake up?" "Oooh.. you're gonna struggle with waking up so early," "Oooh... you're going to die."

What's up with that? I thought people were supposed to be supportive? And I know that the comments are 95% made in jest and 5% in horror (why would she possibly subject herself to torture?) but it's not helpful. I really was fine about it the whole time. I knew I had to wake up early on a Saturday morning. I was fine about that. I knew I would probably feel like I want to just collapse and die. I am fine with that. I knew it would probably be really really hard. And I'm fine with that. But everybody's comments are only just putting me off the whole idea. And it's making me dread the experience when initially, I was ready to face it.

Lindsay was supportive. I showed her my new gym shoes I bought on Wednesday, telling her my current shoes are not really sport shoes and I needed proper ones for boot camp. She goes, that's right you should have proper ones at boot camp - you'll need that.

Damien was supportive too. He offered to drive me there. At 7am. On a Saturday no less. And will be there to pick me up when I finish. At 9am. And then taking me to the coast after. Which I see as a reward and thus, incentive to actually give the bloody boot camp my all.

BAH.

No comments: