I am in constant search of food recipies. My criteria is that the dishes must be easy to prepare and inexpensive in terms of buying the ingredients. I usually approach new recipies with trepidation. Sometimes the food turns out great and other times, I just don't like what I've made. Luckily for me, I have a boyfriend who will eat anything. So if I decide I don't like the lemon chicken wings that I've just baked, he'll gladly eat my share. All of it.
So last night, it was my turn to cook and I made parmesan chicken. You turn your oven to 200 degrees Celcius to preheat and for every person, I like to have one piece of chicken breast. It works out to be about 250-300 grams each. For every 2 pieces of chicken breast, you beat 1 egg white. So you coat the chicken breast in the egg white, then coat it in parmesan cheese. I know this sounds like cheese overload, but trust me, it's not. You only need about 1 cup of parmesan for 2 chicken breasts. I got one of those refill packets of parmesan (like to refill your kraft containers) and that was more than enough. Then you just chuck the chicken on a tray and shove it in the oven for about 20 minutes and done!
I bought french fries and coleslaw from Blue Smoke because they have the yummiest fries. So all I had to do was the chicken. It was so easy! So quick! So inexpensive! And it was so YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment