I need somewhere to vent. I am most cheesed off by my former housemate.
This guy moved into the spare bedroom. He seemed nice and friendly and we liked him on the spot. I will forever be weary and suspicious now after him. There are probably people out there with worse experiences, but this is enough to annoy and frustrate me. I don't like being stressed.
He lived with us for 6 weeks. Six measly weeks. I interviewed dozens of people. Made myself available to have them see them room. Spent time and effort into finding someone and when we finally did, he stayed for 6 weeks. WTF?
He seemed like a nice person. He was friendly and chatty. But a little bit too chatty at times. He would come home from his work as a personal trainer at the gym at around 8.30pm every night and launch into a one-sided conversation where he blabbers on about god knows what. I would never pay attention because he would always do this while we were watching tv! Damien would always chastise me whenever I tried talking to him during a show and I realised how annoying that can be. So I stopped and only spoke during ad breaks. This guy would just blabber on. Damien was much more kind and would entertain him for a little bit. But I would just ignore.
He used to load up the dishwasher when there were not that many dirty dishes. There were only 3 of us and it wasn't too hard to just hand wash dishes... or at least our own. This guy just had to use the dishwasher and waste water and energy needlessly.
My "fondest" memory was when I was trying to soak a shirt of mine. Damien had accidentally chucked it in with all our black and blue clothes and my white Dorothy Perkins shirt was a little ruined. So I put it in a bucket with Preen and detergent for some good soaking. Next thing I knew, the bucket was gone from the laundry and I found my shirt in the washer-dryer. He had touched my clothes and put it into the washer-dryer by itself. It was otherwise empty! Great way to use up even more energy. Put ONE piece of clothing (that wasn't even yours) into the washer-dryer. My electricity bill (which he never contributed to) is going to look so nice.
I took my shirt back out and refilled the bucket and left it there. A few days later, I found tea towels in the bucket. With my shirt. TEA TOWELS. Tea towels that were dirty and grotty and had been used to wipe down the kitchen bench and had germy food stuff on it. Dirty tea towels with my clothes!!!!!! AAAAARRRGGGHHHHH... What the fuck? Don't EVER touch my things! I've never ever EVER touched his things. Why does he have to touch mine?? I told everybody that if it had been a bucket of my undergarments, would he have "helped" me put them in the washer-dryer too?
I emptied out the bucket. Put the wet tea towels into a container in the laundry (his) and refilled my bucket. I put my shirt back in it and took the bucket to my own bathoom. I thought it was bloody ridiculous that I couldn't use my own laundry room in peace. Ridiculous.
Now he's moved out. I came home one Tuesday and all his things were gone. But the genius didn't leave his key behind. Our front door is such that you don't need a key to lock it. You just have to press on the door knob for it to lock shut. I asked Damien, why couldn't he have just left the key on the counter and let himself out?? He doesn't need the key to get out! Damien sent him an sms, all nice and friendly asking him to drop off the key in the letterbox at his convenience. He sent a reply saying he would. More than a week later, he still hasn't.
I sent him an sms last night asking him to return our key as soon as possible and that we would really appreciate it. No reply. I'm tempted to show up at his workplace today to just get my key. Inconsiderate. I hate that. Now I worry that he could let anyone into my home to steal my things. I didn't even talk about the window.
We've got a window that is stuck and we can't close it. Once I was trying to get it to shut because it was raining and the rain just drenches our balcony. Damien fixed it and got it to shut. The next day, I find the window wide open and our ex-housemates bloody shoes on the window sill. We haven't been able to shut the window since. Yesterday it rained and I was standing on my balcony, getting rained on, trying to shut the window which wouldn't have been an issue if genius had left it alone. We were both pretty pissed off about that last night.
I just hate stupid people.
7 comments:
hey babe,
look at it this way...at least your ex-housemate was not a bird who brings back measly scary blokes for a shag. I've heard loads of scary stories from gals at work...
I think you should just confront him. he doesn't live there anymore so basically he's trespassing and thats illegal!!
just a thought.
x
thanks for that.
I'm sure there are worse stories... bringing people home, throwing wild parties, trashing the place...
My dream would be to have my own house where I could choose to live on my own if I wanted to. Aaahh...
you will babe
x
What. An. Idiot.
actually the whole key thing is creepy babe. You should really hound him for it. And get that window fixed.
He was just really irritating an dumb. I got the key back, but he was just a brainless fool.
And I hated his sticky fingers. Don't. Touch. My. Stuff.
I bought this wire rack from Ikea but was going to return it. I had the frame in my foyer by the door and the wire shelves still in the plastic wrapping. I came home one day and he'd helped himself to putting the shelves into the frame and putting my shoes into the shelves. I thought, what the fuck. I was going to return that.
I'm thinking, are you trying to be helpful? Because you're not. Don't touch my things. Fuck off. The thought still makes me shake with anger to this day.
He was so so soooo stupid and annoying
That was the first time he started touching my things.
Asshole.
Post a Comment