Monday, October 22, 2007

My super duper weekend

The weekend just past must have been one of the best weekends I've had all year.

Friday
The weekend started on Friday for me. I got into the office in the morning and went for the AMPR seminar series. I felt a little under-dressed in my t-shirt and jeans. Chastised myself for never getting it right. On days I dress up, I spend all of it in front of the computer. On days where I'm up and about, I choose to wear jeans. Sigh. And I don't even like jeans...

Anyway, met dad for lunch at Pane e Vino. Damien joined us and we sat there for 2 hours talking about our upcoming trip to Singapore. Talked about the things to do, places to see, food to eat. And we also talked about Bangkok and KL and Bali. After lunch, dad and I went shopping in the city. Didn't really buy too much but I was looking for shoes to wear to the NAB function on Saturday. Didn't find any shoes that were affordable AND nice. Brisbane sucks that way.

Met up with Damien again for dinner at Coffee Club (yuck) and then it was off to Lindsay's birthday party. It was fun!

Me and birthday girl

Oh no.. Lindsay's got a knife! Come to think of it, I didn't get any cake :(

The girls

The boys

It was a fun party but we left at like, 11pm because I had boot camp the next day at 6.30am. Boot camp. That sucked.

Saturday
The next day I woke up at the ungodly hour of 5.30am on a Saturday to drag my ass to boot camp. It wasn't so bad. It was at Kangaroo Point, which was really beautiful so early in the morning. They made us run up those damn stairs on the cliffs and on the first run up, I was really pumped and ready to go. I was up the stairs thinking, this isn't so bad... then about 2/3s of the way up, my legs suddenly felt like lead. Man... those stairs are quite the killer.

After boot camp, I managed to convince Damien to drive me to Coorparoo for my health seminar. After that, I hopped on the bus back to the city to see my dad off at his hotel. I met up with Bernard and Lindsay for lunch at AJs after and then Lindsay helped me continue my search for shoes.

In the end, I bought a pair of black felt shoes from Dare which made me think of a pair of shoes I'd seen before but couldn't put my hand on it. They cost a pretty penny so I plonked that on the credit card. And then I felt a little guilty so I sent dad an sms telling him I'd bought the shoes and how much they cost. Eeks. When I got home later, I remembered where I'd seen those shoes before.

They were the pink Christian Louboutin shoes with chiffon cascade that Sarah Jessica Parker wore on Season 4 of Sex and the City in the episode "I heart NY." She wore those shoes on her Big date. They were gorgeous!

Look at the shoes... The shoes that I got were of a similar style. It wasn't chiffon, it was felt instead and they were in black, not pink. And no, they weren't Christian Louboutin (a girl can dream).

I got my makeup done (for free!) at Mecca. The makeup girl used Nars on my face. I asked to have the focus on the eyes and she brought out a whole palette of colours. I saw this green and blue duo and it looked so pretty! She asked what colour my dress was and I said it was black but with turquoise and gold coloured leaves. So we decided to use this colour on my eyes. It was gorgeous!

So I wore the shoes with my dress and had my pretty makeup and went to the National Australia Bank Night of Nights at the Sebel. It was so cool! The theme was Carnivale and the ballroom was completely decked out with these crazy decorations. The centrepieces were made of masquerade masks, peacock feathers and little disco balls. There were place cards on the tables with our names on them with a masquerade mask design on the cards and the menu was the same.

For entertainment, there were these Rio-esqe dancers dressed in costumes you'd expect to see at Mardi Gras. There were 3 female dancers (somewhat like belly dancers but imagine the Rio version of that) and one lead dancer to lead the managers of the bank who were all decked out in those crazy costumes in a dance! Bank managers dancing! And there were 3 drummers and the dance was done to the beat of the 3 drums. It was so cool. It was such a good night. The food was good, there was free flow of alcohol (woo) and all the guests were encouraged to play with the masks at our centrepieces. There were people wearing them during the night and we got to take home a few as well. That was super fun.

The initial plan was to go to the Night of Nights, go out and stay up until 4am to watch the RWC final. But at 12.45am, I was too knackered to stay out so we had to leave the car in the city and cab it home.

Sunday
The first thing I did when I woke up (at 8am) was check my phone. Azri (my brother) had left 2 messages during the game but none told me what the outcome was. I sent him a frantic sms, who won??? No reply. He was probably sleeping. Got out of bed, turned on the TV and waited. And then I saw it. South Africa 15 - England 6. Yay! I'm not a big Springboks fan but I just didn't want England to win again. Went back to sleep and snoozed until 11.30am.

I was supposed to be in West End at 12.30pm for Siti and Sabrina's Hari Raya lunch. But I snoozed in so late that I got there at 1pm instead. It was a great lunch! There was laksa (yum), roti jala (yuuum), roti canai (yum yum) and LONTONG!!! YUUUUM!!! I miss Hari Raya food so much... It was like, a super lunch. I was very content.

Later on that night, Joel rang and asked us if we wanted to have dinner at Taj Mahal. Yes! It was yummy! We had chicken tikka masala, lamb balti and this spinach and cottage cheese dish which was soo good. What a weekend. It was just super.

No comments: