I'm so over this year. Everyday feels like I'm holding out for it to end. Just about two and a half weeks of work left for this year. Two of those weeks will probably be spent doing nothing much. Unless a call for papers for the Australasian Marketing Journal comes out and then I'm going to have to haul ass and write a journal submission in 2 weeks.
There are 5 working days left until we leave for New Zealand. That is if you don't count today, or better yet, don't count the days before on the account of frenzied packing. There is much to be done in these 5 days but I can't be stuffed.
I have to buy a suitcase, which annoys me because I've spent the equivalent of half my New Zealand money on Damien's birthday. I still need a suitcase though. And then I will have to pack, which I cannot do just yet because I am going to the Sunshine Coast this weekend. On some level, I am excited about doing this because I think it will be a nice trip. The National Bank is having their Christmas party on Saturday night and I think it will be fun. But on the other hand, I am not looking forward to the weekend because I have to attend the wedding of people I don't really know and who have not really warmed to me in the last couple of instances we have met. And that is time out from packing.
I also have to finish the confirmation document before Tuesday. That's going to be interesting. While the perfectionist in me would love to produce the most perfect confirmation document, I know in reality the PhD will end up looking quite different to the confirmation doc. Why pour my heart and soul when it may not even happen that way?
And then, it's just getting all my crap together for the conference in New Zealand. Not too much drama.
When we return, it will just be a few lectures here and there. And then it will be my confirmation (of which at this stage I'm not too fazed just yet). And then I will need to spend more money which I don't have on Christmas. Sigh. I better get some good presents dammit.
I think I am looking forward to the week of Christmas because firstly, it signals to me the end of the year. There's the possibility that my brother will be in Brisbane for a visit then, and the idea of going to Noosa or Straddie or anywhere but Brisbane is appealing to me. And I am looking forward to Christmas day beause that means I get to go over to the McDonalds' and have nice Christmas lunch. It also means that the next day is mad Boxing Day sales so I can finally buy that gorgeous bedspread I've been wanting for months. That signals the arrival of the 27th of December, on which I will be packing again for my Singapore trip. And then on the 28th I will be on a plane to Singapore, hopefully Business Class on Singapore Airlines. Finally, I am out of Brisbane.
I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment