Over the weekend, we went down to the Gold Coast on a whim. It was a good idea because it was a good 6 degrees cooler than it was in Brisbane.
We stopped by Ikea on the way so I could return my oversized wire racks and I spotted some beach umbrellas and grabbed myself one. I decided it was the best beach buy I had ever made as I really hate lying in the sun.
I must have been the only person on the beach as far as you could see who was lying under an umbrella. All the locals were baking in the sun. My only thought was, stupid Australians.
Damien was keen to get a tan too. I can't understand Caucasians' obsession with tanned skin. I suppose pasty skin does look a bit sickly. But still, the sun damage that you get especially in Australia is really bad.

No comments:
Post a Comment