Damien and I decided today that the house is a pig sty. I made a case about how the house is too big and has too much stuff for me to clean it as often as it should be cleaned and to the extent it should be cleaned by myself. I say "by myself" because although he helps out, men really just don't have a clue how much cleaning really needs to get done. I appreciate his help of course, but the leftover cleaning is still too much for me.
We have a lot of stuff as well and it's piling up in corners. At least I've made an effort to put said junk in boxes and stacked them as neatly as humanly possible. Our housemate has a pile of stuff out in the foyer, not in boxes and scattered across the floor. Once, I arranged his stuff so they we a little neater (tried not to touch them too much) but they've just been there since the day he moved in. Damien made a comment about how he notices that the housemate is a little lazy and that he's not once lifted a finger around the house. I never noticed before, but he's right. Our housemate cleans up after himself and is quite considerate, but he never does anything around the house. He won't even pick up cushions that may be lying on the floor. How hard is it to put it back on the couch?
Yesterday, Damien had some friends over after dinner. We sat out on the balcony, but our housemate's bicycle was on the couch (I don't know why) and his laundry was in the middle of the way. I wonder why the laundry couldn't be moved to the side (so the balcony doesn't look so messy) and I wondered what the point of having a couch on the balcony was if no one is able to sit on it because there is a bicycle there.
My house is so messy it's driving me nuts. This morning, Damien and I decided that enough was enough. When I said that it was too much for us (me) to clean, I lucked out and asked if I wanted to get a cleaner. Yes! I've said before we needed a cleaner. I need peace of mind.
My own home is driving me nuts. On the bright side, only a year more to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment