I'm feeling quite bored today.
Two hours ago, I'd arranged to head to UQ for a meeting to talk about my changes to the confirmation document. I'll be hopping on the ferry in about 3 hours, so that'll give me something to kill the boredom today. I'm dreading this meeting a little bit and I realised that I've come to dread any PhD meetings lately. Perhaps the dramas of the last few months has left me scarred and I've come to associate meetings with arguments and frustration.
In the meantime, I have a conference paper to re-write and I am finding it a little hard to stretch it out to 20 pages without going into too much detail and having it end up sounding boring and long-winded.
I sucked up my feelings of poverty on the weekend and cooked my meals at home so I could spend money on some clothes instead. I ended up with the cutest Cookie Monster t-shirt and a couple of much-needed basics. That brought me some joy for the time being. But I really need to do something to shake my boredom out. Ho hum...
No comments:
Post a Comment