Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Tonight is what it means to be young

When I was a little girl, my dad had all these volumes of music videos. I would entertain myself watching them and that was my first experience with music. Few music videos affected me so profoundly. One of them was this video from the soundtrack of the movie Streets of Fire. My dad also had the record and I kept it for years even though I didn't have a record player. My parents once had one, but gave it away when I was younger. Years later, I regretted not holding on to that record player.

My fascination with this movie I'd never seen before stayed with me for the next 20 years. I even found the soundtrack on CD many years later, but it was only recently that I decided to place an order at JB HiFi for the dvd of the actual movie. It's now 24 years since the release of the movie and I admit it's old school cheesy, but the magic is still there for me.

The group that did this song is real, but the sequence in the video is taken from the movie. If you recognise the actress who plays the lead singer, you might notice that it's Diane Lane.

1 comment:

Si1vara said...

oh my god I LOOOOVVVEEE this song!! :P