Check this out.
I do find this quite interesting and have a few comments I just have to blurt out.
- "Sometimes it's too late, especially for girls." WTH? This implies that if women don't marry before a certain age and start having children, then "it's too late" so our lives really must be worthless
- If Singapore wants to increase the population to 6.5 million, I wonder where they are all going to fit. I feel claustrophobic as it is every time I go back there.
- A good majority of Singaporean men have been coddled by their mothers, perpetuating the chauvinist stereotype. These same men still hold "traditional" beliefs about gender roles and really do have a problem with successful women. God forbid their wives should be more successful than they are.
I find Singapore a very interesting place. It is both amusing and frustrating at the same time. Or maybe that's just me, so easily riled up by social issues...
No comments:
Post a Comment