Monday, June 30, 2008

Easily bored

Research suits me just fine because we don't have fixed working hours. The downside to that is sometimes it takes weeks before getting the ball rolling with some work. I find an "oh shit" moment to be very useful in kick-starting one's arse into gear. I did nothing for two weeks when I came back from holidays. Then I had an "oh shit" moment when I realised I didn't have much time left to make changes on my confirmation document.

I also find that I have a time quota to work on any one project. I find that if I've spent too much time working on something, I just can't work on it anymore. I prefer to get things done and then get it out of the way so I never have to look at it again.

Today, the final version of my World paper is due along with the extended abstract. Everything was finished last week and I should probably read through it again to make sure it makes sense, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm not very good with reading. I don't have a great attention span and I get bored quickly.

I have never read my Honours thesis in its entirety. I tried to. But then I got bored.

No comments: