Since returning from conference a week ago, I knew that I needed to start my data collection. The first stage of my research involves interviewing women 50-69 years of age to find out about their experiences with breast screening services, particularly with BreastScreen Queensland. I submitted my ethics application last Tuesday and 6 days later, I am still waiting...
I don't really know how long I'm supposed to wait. Some people tell me she (the ethics person who approves applications) works quite quickly and will get back to you in a matter of days. I'm starting to wonder what's happening with my application. I need to start my interviews so that I have some data to take with me to Brighton, otherwise I'm going to look like an idiot. The perils of going to conferences too close together *sigh*
Once ethics approval passes, I will still need some time to recruit participants and organise the actual interviews. I'm not looking forward to how much time it's going to take to get this done. I still don't know why there are people out there who can't understand why it takes so long to get a PhD completed. I am sad. My progress is taking too long :(
2 comments:
Hey I'm a year ahead of you and am still having slow progress. Don't worry babe, some things (like your application) are totally out of our hands so we can't do anything but wait around, I've been doing sooo much of that since I started. It's frustrating, I totally understand. When are you going to Britain babe?
I leave brisbane on the 27th of September. I actually just heard back from Ethics. More delays... sigh...
Post a Comment