Friday, January 02, 2009


Damien and I spent new year's eve at the Cirque du Soleil. I gave him tickets to Dralion for Christmas, thinking that it would be a nice and novel way to spend new year's eve. It was certainly a more appealing alternative than the option of heading into the city for the fireworks and then enduring the nightmare of finding your way home, or the sure chaos of going out to a club.

The next day, we decided to head to the beach on the spur of the moment. At 9am, I was buzzing Lindsay at home:

Me: you wanna go to the Gold Coast???
Lindsay: ah... okay
Me: yay! We're downstairs now


The beach was a scorcher, but fun. It was actually a good idea to spend new year's day at the Gold Coast. I am now sitting at my desk, in the office, enjoying the internet and air-conditioning, neither of which are available at home. With everyone either at work or overseas, I've been left to my own devices, so I'll probably head out soon for a sushi-train lunch. Gotta love the sushi-train lunch.

No comments: