Monday, March 16, 2009

Baby wants a holiday

I haven't had a holiday since July last year. Well, I kind of had some time off over Christmas and New Year but I didn't actually go anywhere or do anything...

Let's think backwards. In December, Cheryl and I spent a few days in Sydney, but that was more like a leftover from a doctoral colloquium. In September I went to the UK, but that was for a conference. When I wasn't at conference, I'd spent all my time being jet-lagged and feeling very poor (damn English pound). I did a stopover in Singapore on the way there and back but two days is hardly a holiday. It was more like a mad rush to buy as much stuff I could that I couldn't find in Brisbane and eat as much cheap Singaporean food as I could that I couldn't find in Brisbane. It was not a holiday. Sydney in July was a holiday, despite also coming after a conference in Wollongong. Before that, it was three weeks in Singapore over New Year's in Dec/January.

Maybe it's time to convince Damien to accompany me somewhere. But where?

No comments: