I'm so excited!
I'm going to Melbourne in July for 4 days and have been feeling a little ho-hum about it. It's become a bit of tradition that every July I attend the International Nonprofit and Social Marketing Conference, followed by a short holiday at the location. Last year, it was in Sydney and for four days afterwards Damien and I did a nice holiday with lots of sightseeing, which was fabulous. I had an awsome time.
This year, the conference is in Melbourne and I was initially all excited about the holiday afterwards but that idea fell through in the end. At first, I thought I might spend a few days just sightseeing but in the end, gave up on that idea upon deciding I was too poor. So in the end, I'd booked my flights to allow me a whole day before the conference and a whole day after. I figured a day on each end would suffice to walk around and entertain myself fairly easily. From thinking my trip was going to be this superb holiday, it ended up to the point where I was most excited about having meals at Grossi Florentino, Nelayan, and Laksa Me. And I think that it's quite sad when it's meals and only meals that you most look forward to on a trip, rather than activities or sightseeing. Hah.
Today I find out that there are a couple of exhibitions happening in Melbourne while I'm there and it's got me very excited! The National Gallery of Victoria is having a Salvatore Dali - Liquid Desire exhibition. It's the first ever comprehensive retrospective of Dali's work in Australia, exclusive to the NGV and I can't believe I'll be there while the exhibition is on!
While I was being all giddy thinking about seeing Dali's art, I found out that the Melbourne Museum is having an exhibition about Pompeii. Pompeii!! The exhibition is called "A Day in Pompeii" and will showcase all things relevant to everyday life in the city. I'm so excited!
And there you have it. From ho-hum to giddy with excitement. I amuse myself sometimes...
Friday, June 19, 2009
Lose Yourself... in Art & Melbourne
Labels:
experience,
travel
2 comments:
have fun in melbourne, looks like we're missing each other again! argh! -g
thanks! I'm going to have to visit Newcastle at this rate :p
Post a Comment