Monday, August 17, 2009

Day & Night

Another successful weekend with French on Saturday morning learning about definite and indefinite articles, as well as precise and imprecise expressions of quantity. I now know the difference between "je voudrais du fromage" and "j'aime le fromage" and "une morceau de fromage" - "I would like some cheese," "I love cheese" and "a piece of cheese." Haha.

picture pilfered from Lindsay's Facebook

That night, we decided to go to the Met as Tamara was dancing. I hadn't been out in a while and was amazed by the number of girls out and about. They were easily outnumbering the boys, who by a second observation, really were boys and not men. Hah. Drinks are now sold in plastic cups at the ever-extortionate price of $7 for a vodka lime and cranberry, and I now find house music more entertaining than pop or R&B. Shudder... I choose to blame Damien for playing all those Ministry of Sound CDs in the car all those times!

No comments: