Birthday was low-key yet enjoyable. I started the day by sleeping in about 2 hours and then after I got out of bed and got dressed, I decided to have a cheesecake for breakfast. Awesome. None of those store-bought, heavy, over-priced type cheesecakes. This was cheesecake I made on Sunday just because I felt like it. Yum.
I contemplated jewellery-shopping but decided I was carrying too many things, so just went straight to the office. Then, promptly headed out for coffee with dear Lisa who had bought Mrs Field's brownies on her way in. Yum..
After morning coffee & brownies, we went to lunch at Pane e Vino. Unfortunately, no pictures because I'm really bad at that. I suppose I'm busy enjoying the activity, rather than spending my time taking pictures of said activity! Sam, Lisa, Tim, Dom, Laura, and Bernard came to lunch, which was really nice and we ate good pasta and sipped pink champagne. Yum...
Lisa and I went to Tiffany's after lunch to look at jewellery, but made no purchases. Boo... Then we went to the Tea Centre at the new Albert Lane on the mall for some tea. I love tea drinking and I enjoy the experience of pouring one's self a cup of tea and sipping said tea. Yum....
After tea, I headed back to the office for some doodling before Damien picked me up to go to dinner. We went to Dell Ugo at South Bank where I'd been wanting to go for months, but could never justify because it was so expensive.
It was a really good experience. The restaurant was very nice, modern and classy but at the same time very warm and inviting. It wasn't very full, nor was it very noisy. We ordered one of the specials as a starter to share, which were mussels in a white wine broth and it was beautiful! We actually spotted the next table having it and it looked so impressive.The mussels were fresh and the sauce was made with cherry tomatoes and herbs and was very tasty. It came served with crusty bread, which was also very fresh.
For our mains, Damien had the ravioli filled with rabbit, which was really different. I had a taste of some of the rabbit, which was interesting. I had their crab lasagne, which I was curious to see how different it was from the one at Il Centro. Theirs was very different. It was not as rich or creamy as the lasagne at Il Centro. It was more cheesy and very tasty. I quite enjoyed it and it was so filling!
Of course, we also had a bottle of pinot grigio from South Australia. Yum.... Overall, dinner was great. I would highly recommend and the service was awesome. We felt like we were looked after very well! Fortunately, I did get a picture of us at dinner, although was too stuffed to take more than one shot. I was busy enjoying my dinner!

No comments:
Post a Comment