So I went to Coolum on the weekend. I stayed at the Beach Retreat, right in front of Coolum Beach. But I never stepped onto the beach. Perplexing as this may be, the point was to get out of Brisbane and enjoy. Both objectives were achieved so not going to the beach is irrelevant.
We arrived at noon and had lunch at the surf club right on the beach. It was nice enough but pricey for the food you get with the ambiance that you find yourself in. I appreciated that we were overlooking the sea, where the sight of ginormous waves was enough to awe and frighten me at the same time. All the beaches were closed due to the weather, which was just as well. It was crazy man.
So after lunch and some exploring of Coolum (which didn't take very long) we checked in. After initially watching the cricket and feeling like a part of me was dying inside, I decided to check out the pool. It was a better option than watching New Zealand flounder against Australia in Wellington.
Ah, the pool. I had it all to myself. Then I found the spa and worked out how to switch on the jets. It was bliss. I sat in the spa all by myself and refused to move until the bubbles stopped. When they did, it was back to the room for me to watch the Crusaders play the Lions and drink my Peroni. Ahhh......
After the game, I went back to the pool and spa. I saw a rainbow in the sky and when my fingers were all pruned, went back to the room to watch the Highlanders play the Sharks and drink another Peroni. Ahhhhh......
So after an afternoon of pool, spa, rugby and Peroni, it was time for dinner. We drove up to Noosa and had a meal at Aroma's. It was lovely. It was an interesting drive up to Noosa on the winding road in pitch black (slightly frightening when the driver doesn't have his glasses) but we'd never seen Hastings Street at night. The next morning, we drove back to Noosa for breakfast and it was back to Brisbane after that.
The only problem with an awesome weekend, is that Monday becomes a bit more of a struggle than usual. I miss my weekend now...



No comments:
Post a Comment